The gourami is now in his new home--the 29 gallon. I thought when I first bought him that I had made a horrible mistake: blue gouramis can be aggressive. What, you thought he was a gold gourami? Well, he is...something I did not know is that golds are just a color variation of blues, which are the same species as three-spot gouramis. I had one in my ten gallon when I was a kid and I remember him picking and picking at the others; I swore I would never get another one. But I bought the gold, having confused it with the honey gourami, which I had read was peaceful. To compound things, I found he was a male and even more likely than a female to be aggresive (his pointy dorsal fin was a giveaway).
Luckily it wasn't a bad decision after all. Fish, like people, are created with their own personalities, and this one seems to be particularly mild, even skittish. I mean, even the neons seem to startle him! And even though he can move lightening fast, I haven't seen him go for any of his tank mates, not even once.

And the upshot is that he's gorgeous!
No comments:
Post a Comment