Tuesday, May 30, 2006
The algea is worse
It looks mostly like staghorn and black brush and thread algea, and it's choking what little anarchis I have left. I'm going to try to clean a bunch out today but my problem is unsolved...in that it's a lack of CO2. I can't afford the Flourish at the moment, as there is no where in town that sells it and it would have to be shipped. I also think it would help to get some more plants in there; more anarchis and some hygrophilia, or even more apo bulbs, but the LFS has not stocked anything I've wanted to buy in quite a while and the last couple of packages of bulbs from Wallyworld have all been duds. Yuck. I need some good luck (or cash) to help get me out of this mess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i battled algea and thought i had won but it grew back stronger than ever.see what big als-lfs forgot to mention was 1. you must use an acid based ph control, powdered ones contain phosphates=food for algea.2.phosphate removal can be as easy as using a poly filter.youreally should gut your tank in a bucket use a full dose fo algeafix put only leaves in it wipe leaves with a paper towel rinse in fresh water then place them in a bucket with some flourish while you clean your tank try tu wipe out all you can clean, change your filter re'use phosphate control in your filter also flourish contains phosphates so if you have an option substrate pellets are good.wear glovesc/algeafix i would use a low dose of it after cleaning. www.doctorfostersmith has unbeatable advice as well as a kiss chemistry section its a must read it straightened my hair hahahaha.
Post a Comment