Sunday, April 23, 2006

Otos win!

I went shopping for fish yesterday. The LFS was a disaster...lots of diseased tanks, sick looking fish, and not one species I wanted, except for one albino bushynose pleco for a low low $33.00. There was no way I was going to pay that much for a fish from a place with fish in such bad condition and a refund available only if it dies within the first 3 days. I did see a Betta I liked, though, a gorgeous red and blue veiltail, so I picked him up as he had just come in the previous day.

On a lark, I went to Walmart with my sis in law who was visiting. Walmart's fish looked much better... And they had a nice batch of gold gouramis. She enouraged me to get one, so I picked out the smallest, brightest one. Then, I saw some playful otos, and I caved. I had waited for weeks for the LFS to get in a bn pleco, and when they finally got one it was way too expensive. So I picked out 3 otos. My tank is already being cleaned of the algea, I can't believe how fast it's dissapearing. And they are so playful! I'm happy with my decision.

No comments: