Yesterday I worked all day to get the 29 gallon ready for fish, even though it had not completely cycled yet. I hope I'm not making a mistake about that... Anyway, I had to clean the green spot algae that had started on the glass, move some plants so that it looked more balanced and even, prune the new growth, and do a massive water change. This took most of the day.
In that time I made a quick trip to the fish store to pick up buddies for my neon and danios, who are in sore need of a bigger school. For once the LFS had what I wanted and healthy-looking specimens, at that, so I quickly picked up 2 danios and the rest of their neons. They had to stay in a stainless steel pot until the 10 gallon was ready for "quarantine", where they will live for the next three weeks to make sure that they are disease-free.
After that period I will consider adding a pleco and possibly some harlequin rasboras. The 10 gallon will probably become the home of a betta and some ghost shrimp. In the meantime, the fish seem to really like their new home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment