Tuesday, March 07, 2006

She's outta there

I've got the big bossy danio on her own in the ten gallon tank now. She's really pretty, gold with black stripes, very healthy, etc., but she is too aggressive I think. I'm watching to see if the tails and fins of the others grow back for "proof" it was mostly her. I'm not sure what will happen then.

In the meantime, I will be getting a bristlenose plecostamus in the next week or so that will have to be quarantined, so she won't be completely alone for long.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you should buy more danios, as they tend to bite when kept in small numbers: a defense mechanism.

Unknown said...

That's what I thought too, which is why I got a few more danios. She didn't mellow out with the additions, however, and now that she's out there have more no more injuries. She obviously needs a much bigger school.